Friday, November 9, 2012

Candle Picture Tutorial-Saturated Canary

Hey everyone,

One of my DT member at Loves Rubberstamps saw the candle I made for my Anything Goes Challenge last week and asked me how it was done. Since I figured she may not be the only person who may want to learn this technique I figured I would show post it on my blog for all to see.  It is SUPER EASY and if you need a video just put it into Youtube and you will find tons of them but since I do not have the stuff to make a video I figured a picture tutorial would work with this one so be warned this is picture heavy. I will also apologize for the lighting since my craft room is in the basement so it a bit dark down there.

First UP...Supplies


Candle, Tissue paper, Candle, Stamp of your choice, Memento Ink Pad, Heat Gun and whatever coloring medium you are going to use. I am using the gorgeous image Candy Canes by Saturated Canary. Any candle will do but I tend to use white or ivory color so that your color image stands out best.

Second UP:


Stamp your image onto the tissue paper. Color as you desire. Since it is Tissue paper it WILL BLEED THROUGH the back and easy comes out the side so VERY LIGHT hand with the ink and if you use any stickle too.


Third: Cut out our picture close to the image...it does not have to be exact cause the tissue paper will melt into the candle. 


Fourth and LAST STEP! Take your image and figure out where you want it placed. Take your wax paper and TIGHTLY wrap it around the image and the whole candle and hold in the back.  Then take your heat gun, turn it on and quickly move it over the image while still holding the wax paper tightly over the candle, keep it close but not tooo close. It melts SUPER quick and once you see the tissue paper has melted in take it away as you can melt it too much. The whole melting process may take me no more than a minute and yes I have burnt myself before so be careful.


Then TA DA....Candle is done! Add a ribbon bottom of whatever else you want.


Hope you enjoy this tutorial. I have been in the 3D mode lately so be ready for some more 3D creations coming your way soon.  Another gift done for the holidays...yeah baby!

I will be entering this item into the following challenges:

Sweet Pea Stampers-Gift
Let's Create Anything but a Card Challenge
Copic Marker Europe-Christmas but not a Card
DRS Designs-Candles
Southern Girls-Christmas
Tuesday Alchemy-Anything but a Card
Whimsy Inspirations-Traditional Christmas Colors

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, really want to give this a try and now I can xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Olivia!! Super cute candle too! You did an awesome job coloring such a detailed image on the tissue paper without it bleeding! Someone is going to be super lucky this Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this tutorial!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Amazing!!Cute Image!!This would make a cute gift!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! great instructions. Thanks for joining us at Sweet pea Stampers this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous candle Olivia, I love making these candles too but I haven't made one for ages! Thank you for playing along with The Sweet Pea Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute with wonderful coloring. I love doing this with candles! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TFS! Lovely image on a candle for Christmas! Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the Think Christmas Challenge at Southern Girls!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is so awesome!!! Love it. thanks for the tutorial, I thought it would be much more difficult than that and wow, it's such a great effect. I'm so tryign this one out and I'll let you know how it works, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea and great tut! Will have to be trying this!! Thank you for playing with us on Southern Girls Challenge!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous candle! Thanks for sharing this technique. I'm gonna have to try it!! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome Olivia! Thanks so much for sharing!!! This is the perfect gift and I am so trying this out! On the hunt now for some fat white candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olivia, what a lovely decorated candle you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous tutorial! Love the image you've used here. Love it!

    Thanks for joining our '46 Days to Go' Christmas challenge

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this technique! Nice job showing it off! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, I keep saying i need to try this technique...and I really do !!
    You have done a lovely job.

    Thank you for joining us at Whimsy for our Traditional Christmas colours Challenge.

    Tracy
    Digital Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome candle! Thanks for joining us at SGC!

    ReplyDelete