Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Tres Jolie Mixed Media Alcohol Ink, Vellum, Gilding Flakes and Embossing

 Welcome back everyone. Liv here and I am on a roll making cards this month. Sometimes, I just have to follow what inspires me and I think this month's Mixed Media kit is perfect to make some really unique cards.  

 

So first up, I pulled out some of the Yupo papers from my stash to use with the Alcohol Inks. I went ahead and combined the colors to create the background for the card. 

Now alcohol inks can dry pretty fast so before it was fully dry, I took out my gilded flakes and spread it to stick to the tacky parts of the ink. I brushed off the excess and love the gold residue it left on the project. 

Next I trimmed the paper down and placed it into one of my Embossing folders...I know you have some of those in your stash so pull them out and dust them off. 

I used some ink  and more alcohol ink to make the embossed area

Once I was done with that, I used one of the gorgeous chipboard pieces made at Tres Jolie to ink up and emboss in a matching gold color

Then I assembled the card all together. I did layer the embossed panel onto the vellum and then attached it all to a card base. 

I hope everyone enjoyed this project. My video also goes through the sets of making a grungy but beautiful Mixed Media and Fall inspired card. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment