Monday, October 16, 2023

Tres Jolie Mixed Media Canvas

 Hey everyone. Liv here and I am back with these Spooktacular collections for the month of October. I am huge Halloween fan so couldn't resist getting all of the kits this month. For this project i am using items from the Mixed Media kit. 

 

Now it seems in some spooky twists of events, Dana and I, channeled a similar spooktastic creation.  For the first step I sprayed the base of the canvas with one of the Mica sprays from this month's and a Distress Oxide spray. 

Then I used some rice papers I have in my stash and glued it down to the surface. Since I did not dry it, it already colored through the paper. In order to lighten it a bit, I used the less dyed pieces of the rice paper and glue it to the top of the rice paper base. 

Once I had that down, I had an old cardboard lid to a box and decided to spray the sides with the kit's mica sprays and then used one of the images from the rice papers included in this month's kit on the lid. 

I took some of the fibers I had in my stash which was originally a beige color and sprayed it with the Mica powders to give it a more gray color. 

Then I took out the crayons that came in this month kit and used it to color the chipboard pieces from Tres Jolie. Quick tip here, one you color the image, you then blend it in to create an almost wax like look to the chipboard. 

Finally, I glued all the pieces down and my project was done. 

I hope you enjoyed this project and can't wait to see what you are making with this month's kits. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment