Monday, July 10, 2023

Tres Jolie Mixed Media Paintbrush

 Welcome back everyone. It's Liv here and today I am featuring a mixed media paintbrush I created using the  July 2023 Mixed Media Kit. One of my favorite things about these kits is that they are so versatile when it comes to creating. Only your imagination will hold you back. 

I'm sharing a few photos as well as video of how it all together:
First up I glued down all of the pieces I wanted to use. I started with some resin pieces I had in my stash and combined them with the Tres Jolie chipboard scrolls. 
Once that was all glued down, I primed all the pieces using Heavy White Gesso. This allows for the pieces to absorb the colors fully. 
From there I apply the Creative Expressions: Cosmic Shimmers Botanical Stains. My main focus was to use the Wood Blue and Black Bean with some touches of Marigold. The bottles come with eye drop application, but I did put the Black Bean into a spray bottle. I also applied the colors onto the bristles. 
Then I use some of the die cuts pieces from the July Cards and Tag collection and dyed the colors using the stains to match the project better. 
And here is my finished piece. I just loved the way it came out. I hope you enjoyed this project and can't wait to see what you make with the July kit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment