Monday, July 17, 2023

Mixed Media Cards using the July MM Kit and the Scrapbooking Kit.

 Hey everyone. It is Liv here and I decided to a make a set of cards using two kits- the July Mixed Media kit and the Scrapbooking Kit. 

When I make cards, I love to create mixed media style cards. I only ended up making two cards but love how both of them came out. If you prefer to watch the video on how it all came out, see the link below. 

 

 

So first I used the Creative Expressions-Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains in a smooshing technique. For this technique, you just need some plastic to "dab" into the liquid and then smoosh it on to your card front. The best way is to be quick on doing it so that it is more of a blotchy effect. 

One tip if you are using multiple colors and don't want too much blending or a brown/grey mess, be sure to dry them in between the colors. When you watch my video you will see that I made that mistake, but was able to correct it when I dried between the colors. 

Now I couldn't resist using the stains to also add some splatters. 

 Next I pulled out the rub-ons that came with the July Scrapbook Kit. I am one who loves how versatile rub-ons are and make things pop without making too much thickness. 

When you watch the video you will see that I created three backgrounds, but I decided to use one of the backgrounds for the flowers die I cut out. So here are my finished cards...simple but with a great pop. I hope you enjoyed this video and thanks you for stopping by. Don't forget that combining the kits are wonderful to create multiple projects regardless of your style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment