Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Anything but a Card-12 x12 Wall Wood Wall Hanger

So got info on a new challenge called Let's Create...Anything but a Card Challenge by my bloggy friend Betty Roberts on the DT.  So I decided to showcase a  Wood Wall Photo Hanger that I created for my friend who had a baby girl.  This is the color scheme they went with for the room so I decided to keep it in those colors.

First I painted the sides and back white.  Then I took a 12 x12 sheet and cut our the photo slots.  This paper is from a retired paper stash from CTMH that I had in my collection.  I then took a different layer of paper for the bottom half.  The crochet flowers are from my stash and the journal area and the saying Beauty are actually stickers.  The butterflies I got from Oriental Trading and I stamped the words Happiness on a piece of chipboard and added some heat embossing too it.



(this is the back side and I added a hanger so if they want to mount it on the wall)
 
I will be entering this on into the following challenges
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Love this project! Thanks for joining us at anything but a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project! Your construction is perfect and the composition is outstanding! All of your components are perfectly coordinated making this a fun and visually interesting design! Very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!
    Hugz,
    Chana,DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and Fun Project!!Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet project. She's going to adore it! Thanks for playing along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great frame!! Love the color combination! Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card!!

    Jessica
    http://www.anythingbutacard.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - this is such a cool project - any girl would love it in these pretty colors. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful frame - love how you've used the papers and the colours are gorgeous - even if they were a 'given' due to decor! Your embellishments work beautifully too.
    Thank you so much for sharing your work with ABAC's first challenge.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for participating in the PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this, great colors. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh what a fabulous gift idea!!love the colour combo too! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photo hanger looks really fantastic.
    Thank you for joining us at SFC.
    Many greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable and very creative. Thank you for sharing your project with us at JDE, good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Olivia! That is a very sweet looking photo wall hanger for your friend. TFS & thanks for participating on our Altered Art challenge at JDE.
    -Katya

    ReplyDelete