Monday, June 5, 2023

Mixed Media Tag using June's Tres Jolie Kit

Hey everyone, Its Liv here with my first DT project for Tres Jolie. Today I will be sharing a tag I created with the June 2023 Mixed Media Kit. Not only are we bringing you new projects using the new June kits but its also Tres Jolie's 5 year Anniversary, stay tuned as I know we have lots of fun challenges and events coming up. 









For this tag, I'm sharing a few photos as well as video of how it call together on the Tres Jolie Youtube site. Now oil pastels are a new media for me so I found that baby oil worked the best to get the blending to work. The first layer I used white gesso on the Studio Light-Mask-MASKFC30 stencil included in the kit to create texture.

 Next I used multiple colors- RED, BLUE, YELLOW AND GREEN from the Royal & Langnickel Oil Pastel set. With some baby oil I was able to move the colors round. I then added more stripes from the Studio Light Mask, but this time with using the Lindy's Gang Milky Way White Mica powder as a watercolor.  
Then I used my Dress My Craft Transfer sheet-3D White Flowers. I thought the white was a bit too bright so I colored them in with the oil pastels. 

Then I finished off my tag using the Swirls and Scrolls Chipboard, adding some mini art stones, and a sentiment.  I just loved all the chipboard pieces created by Tres Jolie and look forward to using more of it. 




And here is the finished grungy mixed media tag! I hope you enjoyed this project and look forward to sharing more with you over the month.  


Crafty Best,
Liv 

No comments:

Post a Comment