Monday, May 6, 2019

Trying my hand at a Mixed Media Canvas

So I had some blank small canvas in my stash and saw a recent YouTube video about ATC cards that got me thinking about doing this project in a larger style and using the supplies I had handy. 

My first step was to ink up the image, Prima Princess -Syndey on to the canvas using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.   I then sponged the background using Distress Inks. The colors I used are Bundled Sage, Scattered Straw, Seedless Preserves and Tattered Rose.  The final step was adding Stickles (crystal color) to the image to create a 3D event. I finished it off with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist sprays. 





I really like the way it come out even if the images is more subtle then I was going for.  I will try to do a quick tutorial on how I made this one on my YouTube channel as some point. 

I will be entering this into the following challenges:





1 comment:

  1. Lovely!! Very pretty! I like the description on how you created it! Glad you had fun getting all inky with it!
    Glad I visited your blog!
    https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/05/stars-is-theme-sundayart.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete