Monday, July 7, 2014

Layout

Happy Monday. The girls have all started their summer camps this week and seem excited to have something else to do but "sit around". 

I was able to squeeze in some crafting recently for the family and decided to do a layout for my daughter's recent communion. So excited to get a layout done within the same year the event actually happened...WHOA.



For this layout, I was inspired by a sketch I saw. I used my die-cuts to create the flourishes (Cindy Loo Cart) by Cricut and also used a paper set I got at the craft store. Also used my border punches for the brown polka dot stripe on the bottom. 

Now I had to add some touches of blue because my daughter's favorite color was blue and she reminded me that I have to reflect her tastes too so I had the cross in my stash and used a label I made for the favor in the layout as well.


I will be entering this one into the following challenges:

Loves Rubberstamps-Anything Goes
Anything But a Card-Anything Goes
Time for Scrap-Anything goes
Charisma Cardz-Show Us What else you can do (anything but a card)
Crafting by Design-Anything Goes
Through the Craft Door-Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday-I ought to use this more (my Cricut and punches)



3 comments:

  1. Olivia what a pretty daughter do you have, great memories LO. I am sure this will remain in her room for many years. Thanks for joining Loves rubberstamps.
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and gorgeous photos. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout and photos are beautiful! I love that she had input on the embellishing too! Your 'in the same year' comment made me laugh! I think all scrapbookers can relate to that! Thanks so much for sharing your special page with us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete