Thursday, September 13, 2012

SBS Halloween Card

Happy Thursday. I was able to finish this card up last night. I saw this awesome idea in a Cardmaker magazine and have been meaning to try it forever but have not gotten it together until today.  I used my Wild Card Cartidge on the Card Feature and made the card at 5 1/2.  I then cut a 2 inch circle and stamp this image from Simply Betty from the Halloween Emo Line.  I colored it with my Copics and then added embellishments which I was given to by a bloggy friend.  The pumpkin is from Happy Haunting Cartridge and the paper is from MME. It is hung on wires in the center so it spins. 


The second picture is a still of it laying down so you can see the image a bit better. I think it may stay more anchored if you used small beads on the wire but I did not have any and the wire seem to be hold it just fine..I used very thin elastic cord.   


I also spent the night doing some Ribbon flowers to dwindle down my ribbon stash since I HATE making bows :-) and only burned myself twice with the hot glue gun...YEAH.  I just saw this really cool tutorial on My Craft Spot on making your own action woobles so I hope to get to make some of those too cause now it is stuck in my head.

I will be entering this one into..

1) Card Cupids-Halloween theme cards for kids
2) Simply Challenged Challenges-Did you see that-make an object that moves on your card
3) Cardz TV Stamps DT challenge-Holiday Card
4) Crafty Creations-Moving Parts
5) Cricut Cards challenge-Creature Feature


12 comments:

  1. Love your card. Great job. Thanks for joining the SCC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love that stamp! And the papers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge on Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job, I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Cardz Tv for Cricut Cardz challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning olivia.fantastic colours and design and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids for our Halloween challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Absolutely delight and dark :) Thanks for sharing this on Crafty Creations!

    Also, I invite you to join me at the Anything Goes Challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-1.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween card and love all of the different elements you've used!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta card Olivia! Love the glittery skull!! Thanks for joining us at SCC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great project
    Thank you for joining us at SCC
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh just WONDERFUL!!!! Great details and wonderful job!
    Thanks for joining us at SCC!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete