Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Tres Jolie September Resin Art Journal and Tag

 Hey everyone. Liv here to bring you not one but TWO project using this month's September Mixed Media Set.

 

 

My focus with these projects is one using the Mica powders that came with the kit. I created both an art journal page and a tag.  First I used my Mica powder in my mold before I set my resin. The powder is dry when I rubbed it into the mold and a simple paintbrush will work for this part. 

Once I did that, I poured some resin into the mold.  For the smaller flower, I mixed in the resin after it was made versus before to see how that effect would be.

 

 

I did not use fast setting resin so I had to wait 24 hours to use it. Then I moved on to making a quick tag. I took out my gel plate, sprayed it and then used one of my texture plate stamps and stamped onto the tag. 

 

Once that was dry, I added some rub on stamps and the smaller flower resin and sentiment to finish it off. 

 Next I moved on to my art journal page. Here I just stamp with embossing powder and rubbed the mica powder into the stamped areas.

For this one, the page came together very quickly because all I did was stamp and some stenciling and added some fibers from my stash. The show stopper for this piece was the resin piece I made that combined the mica powders. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment