Friday, July 21, 2023

Tres Jolie July Card Kit- Slimline Cards.

 Surprise..Liv here to join in sharing a set of cards I made using this month's card Kit.  

I know you are used to me using the Mixed Media kit but I tried my hand at these mixed media "vintage" style cards...which is bit off of my grungy style but I really enjoyed how they came out. See the video below for how I pulled it together. 

 First up I had to distress the cards a bit. I don't have one of those fancy distressing tools so the edge of a scissor works just fine. 


 Once I did that to all of the cards, I pulled out my distress inks to ink up the sides. 


Then I wanted to add some texture so I pulled out my texture paste and used a stencil from my stash to apply it with. 

Finally, I began to add all of the embellishments. For this card, I did use the chipboard scroll available over the Tres Jolie site. Whenever I used a larger chipboard piece like this, I do trim it up. 

For the final card, I took the beautiful chipboard piece and covered it with gold wax. 

Added the flowers and voila....three slimline cards. 

I hope you guys enjoy these set of cards. If you are interested in the Card kit, be sure to stop by the store to grab yourself the July kit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment