Monday, June 12, 2023

Art Journaling Page with the Tres Jolie Kit

 Hey everyone, Its Liv here and I am back with an Art Journaling Page using the  June 2023 Mixed Media Kit. Not only are we bringing you new projects using the new June kits but it's also Tres Jolie's 5 year Anniversary, stay tuned as I know we have lots of fun challenges and events coming up. The challenges will be released each week and you don't have to use a Tres Jolie Kit to enter. Come check out the fantastic sales and prizes available for our Anniversary month. 

Art journaling is a great way to use all your mixed media tools. I'm sharing a few photos as well as video of how it all together:
If you would like to watch the video on the Youtube site, here is the link. 
First, I started off my page with putting down four different colors of Oil Pastels on to the page.  
Next, I take out my Baby Oil and Q-tips to smooth out the lines. Note this part can get messy so gloves may be needed if you don't want to wash your hands for days. 
I felt I need more texture, so I used the stencil to create additional lines using the three brightest colors of the page (red, blue, and yellow). 
I added some chipboard pieces and colored them with the oil pastels so that it matched the other colors of the page. 
Finally, I ended with adding some Dress My Craft Transfer Images, some stamping and, of course, some splatter and sentiment pieces. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this project. If you have never given art journaling a try, it is great way to just let your mind go with the flow and see where your creativity takes you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment